Dental Tips and Education with Gold Coast’s Broadwater Dental
Learn these dental tips and education with Broadwater Dental.
Dental check-ups involve a thorough oral examination of both the gums and teeth, usually including scaling and a polish. It is also necessary to utilise x-rays for the early detection of cavities between teeth. The interval between check-ups is dependent on the stability of your mouth, but is normally annual; the interval between these x-rays will vary depending on your risk profile.
Respect Your Teeth
It is easy to abuse our teeth. Unlike the rest of the body, by the time we feel pain it is too late. Be careful when eating:
- Soft food items with hard pieces in them, such as popcorn, prunes and olives.
- Items that require extreme pressure to chew, such as hard nuts and pork crackling.
- Hard-boiled sweets, which are meant to be sucked and not chewed
- Ice cubes should be allowed to dissolve
Our teeth should not be used as bottle openers or fishing pliers. Respect your teeth and you will develop fewer dental problems!
Oral Hygiene Works
As part of your diet and home maintenance:
- Brush twice a day, floss daily, and use interdental brushes if there are larger gaps.
- Consider the use of a mouthwash.
- Reduce sugar consumption where possible.
- Minimise snacking between meals.
- Drink water and avoid carbonated drinks.
- Reduce tea, coffee and red wine consumption where possible.
- Stop smoking.
- And still enjoy life!
Book Online for an Appointment With Our Friendly Dental Team at Broadwater Dental.